Sunday, April 12, 2009

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

Me and my sister, Megan, before the Illinois Marathon (we both ran the half marathon) in Champaign, IL....
This was taken at 6:45 am, right when we arrived in one of the parking lots (you can see Assembly Hall in the background!) and met up with some high school friends of hers...she looks WAY too chipper for that early and for how COLD it was out there!!! :)

Afterwards....yeah, we were a little tired. ;)

...but we were SO proud of ourselves! This was my FIRST time running 13.1 miles and I did it in approx. one hour and 57 minutes. Not too shabby...I was pretty proud of myself! It was Megan's second time and she ran it in approximately one hour and 47 minutes. We stayed together for about 4.1 miles and then I slacked off ;). She ran a half in St. Louis approx 3 years ago.

And here we are again, looking all civilized-like this time around! ;)

I can't wait 'til the next one! AND, bring on the 26.2! I CAN DO IT!!!!!!


No comments: