Monday, April 12, 2010

Workouts this past week

So, instead of taking it completely easy the day after the half last weekend, on Sunday I went to the gym with Jeremy after Easter dinner at his parents' and just did 37 minutes on the recumbent bike. SO, I didn't do "nothing", but I didn't do anything terrible strenuous either ;). Monday, I ran 4 miles outside after work with my friend Jamie....it was nothing short of torture. I was soooo tight from the race on Saturday. It was a painful run! But, I did it ;). Tuesday, I did the eliptical at the gym for an hour-ish, Wednesday I took the day off (and literally sat in my living room for like an hour with the lights off.....it was a loooong day!), Thursday I did 50 minutes on the treadmill...it was going to be 60 minutes, but it was cut short due to pulling something in the groin region of my right leg. It felt horrific. I spent 20ish minutes stretching after that. Friday, I did pool-running for 30 minutes. Saturday....well, Saturday deserves a post of its own...stay tuned (and get ready to be horrified). Sunday I ran 15 (the longest run of the year thus far).

All in all, it wasn't an awful week, training-wise, but it wasn't an easy one.

Today (Monday, April 12)....I.....strength trained for a full hour. UGH! I have been AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL about strength training. Everything I have been reading lately has been basically calling me a freaking idiot for slacking off on strength training. SO, I hit the weights. I do really hate lifting...but even more, I hate feeling like a freaking piece of candy in the weight room. I don't really consider myself much to look at, but to a lot of the dirty dudes in the weight room they apparently are interested in staring. Gross. Whatever, I ignore it for the most part.

ANYWAY, time to author a very special post about my Saturday run. You'll never look at me the same way ;).

No comments: