Tuesday, October 5, 2010

done

So, I finally called and made a doctor's appointment for next Wednesday....the first step in taking ownership of my health and my stupid knee that turned into my knee....thigh...and most lately my achilles tendon (all on the right leg). Orthopedic physician, here I come!

I'm pretty apprehensive about the appointment....I hope things don't seem too dire. I am sure they won't be....

I'm a sensationalist, I think ;). Tend to worry about the worst possible outcome and have really bad initial reactions to new news/bad news/etc. So....hopefully I am just worried and worked up about nothing.

In the weeks leading up to the marathon, I was literally sick to my stomach many days and actually had many nights where I didn't sleep much. I actually bought some over-the-counter sleeping pills! What in the world is wrong with me?! I am a freaking mess.

So, Mr. Doctor...I apologize in advance. You're going to be treating a psychotic loose cannon ;). Good luck with that one! I promise not to cry in your office.

Unless you tell me I'm done running forever, then I make no promises.

In the meantime, I need to woman up and make some other positive changes. I need to concentrate on healthy eating (I suck lately) and weight training. I have definitely fallen off BOTH of those wagons in a major way.

In the now-almost-two-years that I've been gluten free (medically necessary), I've made the big mistake of eating whatever I could that was gluten free. Oh wow, Grocery Store A has a new brand of yummy gluten free cookies!? Well, I HAVE to buy them and try them! Never mind the fact that I would seldom buy crap like that pre-diagnosis. I took NOT being able to eat many things that I loved as liberty to eat ANYTHING else that I COULD eat and WANTED to eat. I know I've even blogged about that before....but never made a change.

Changes....hm. I'm not the biggest fan of change. Maybe my kiddos with Autism/Asperger's are rubbing off on me ;). I like predictibility....having control...having constants. Speaking of which, we had a bomb dropped on us at work today that has the potential to shake things up there a bit. Naturally I had a bad (internal, thankfully! And, in my car...but solo!) reaction to this "news"...but the more I process it and begin to understand the reasons why I might be feeling the way I am....the more it begins to at least be a little more clear. A little. But that's a story for another time, and not the internet ;).

Anyway......tomorrow is a new day. I am getting my hair colored/cut after work. Maybe I need to do something drastic.

But wait, I hate change!

We'll see.

It could be time for something.....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't call it 'Change' call it , "altering outcomes from the non-preferred norm in anticipation of a better paradigm shifted result".

or call it ,"quit dreaming and get on the beam."

Just for fun:

Spend one day saying ,'yes' to everyone. Next day start saying,'no', to everyone.

Swap out all the coffee in the office for decaf. One month later , switch it back. I have done this.

Rachel Lynn said...

You're fun. ;)

Romo said...

Thanks. I really,really needed a small piece of affirmation today. Yep, even I get 33 minute moments of self doubt. Now, off to slay some Cylons.

Romo said...

Okay, I'm making Doctor recommendations, if you're not sure about the ones you have.

Dr. Joseph K. Newcomer, MD Orthopdedic
Augustana Alum
OSF Center for Health
Ste 250, 2200 Fort Jesse Rd
Normal, IL 61761-6290
(309) 454-1616

http://www.osmcweb.com/index.php?page=bio_newcomer


Todd Snoeyink DPM Podiatrist (if you're thinking orthotics)
309-664-3000

http://medicalgroup.live.imagescape.com/physicians/profile/1886/todd-c-snoeyink-dpm/

I bet my Docs are smarter than your Docs. If you need a referral, get one from your GP or Gynecologist.

Rachel Lynn said...

P.s. Romo...I had my hair chopped and dyed pretty dang dark brown. How's that for some "change" HA!

Hope the Cylon slaying was successful ;)

Romo said...

Dark brunette, that's a solid 'look' for you, methinks. Jeremy should thank the stars, which I'm sure that he does.

Cylon slaying went well. Part of my job involves showing clients how they're being lied to.

On swimming:

www.swimman.com Though ask if they have a second or fourth generation ipod shuffle. The current model is cool too. It'll keep the voices out of your head.

www.sportcount.com get the Combination Sportcount.

Rachel Lynn said...

What I want to know is this...how did you know I want a waterproof iPod?
;)

Romo said...

Remember, YOU asked:

Okay, once again, FWT: Friend with Tardis.

Now, the truth: The following facts are processed:

1. Has commented on being bored to death in a pool 2. Likes her iPod and asks friends to suggest music to run marathons by 3. Already owns an iPod and uses one during workouts (I haven't seen this, you simply mention it in your blog), albeit your husband's used one. 4. Comments about mental things she does while swimming lap after lap after lap. 5. You like 'cool' stuff and I know how to find 'cool' stuff.

All this is correlated to suggest that you would like a waterproof iPod. I know, more information than you want to know.

Rachel Lynn said...

Love the detailed proof :).
You, sir, are awesome!
I enjoyed this...
And thanks :)

Romo said...

The ability to put information like that together is a gift and a curse. On the one hand, I give amazingly great gifts. On the other hand, people that lie become transparent over time. Usually there's an event that triggers me seeing what the truth is and then most of the lies become exposed. If you ever watched the show ,"Chuck," it's sort of like that. Thank goodness I have only had three people that were really close to me that ever were polar opposites of how they portrayed themselves to be. Anyway, again, the gift giving thing is great or simply having insight into what another person really wants or needs.