Thursday, December 19, 2013

2014 Team Rev3!

I've been going crrrr---aaaaaa---zy over the past few weeks...waiting for Rev3 to make the announcement regarding who was on their 2014 Age Group team!  Turns out...it hasn't been just a one-day announcement.  They've had fun with this one, dragging it out over weeeeeks (and they still aren't quite done!!).  Cool for those behind the scenes, somewhat excruciating for those of us waiting to hear the news!
Each day since Tuesday, December 10 Rev3 has been revealing 3-5 team members for 2014...here was the one posted on their Facebook page today.  Apparently my true colors are revealed to the world with this pic.  HA!
I am honored, elated, surprised, nervous, giddy...super pumped to be able to officially announce that I am a member of the 2014 Team Rev3!  I wrote a bit about my desire to be on the team after I applied in a blog post here.  Rev3 is an incredible organization that puts on seriously awesome events.  Here is a great video that tells more about Rev3. 

"It really is wonderful to be able to use Rev3 
as a vehicle to help other people.  
It just doesn't make me any happier than that."  
~Charlie Patten Jr., Rev3 Founder

I'm still in a fair amount of disbelief that I was chosen to be a part of this team.  I've been getting to know some of the other team members via social media...and they are all awesome, impressive people with great stories to tell.  I am looking forward to getting to know them each better, meeting everyone in person and racing together over the 2014 season.

Being a part of the team will help push and motivate me to be a better and stronger athlete.  It will also help me be able to continue to encourage others to check out the sport of triathlon to see how it can impact their lives for the better.  While triathlon is a big part of my life, it isn't my whole life (though sometimes during the intense training months of the summer I may need a few reminders!).  Rev3 recognizes that it is important to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle while continuing to nurture the other areas of your life (family, friends, career, etc.) as well as triathlon.

I posted here about my tentative race plan for 2014...it's still very much a work-in-progress, but one thing is for certain:  it will include many Rev3 events.  And, I hope to see you at some of them! Comment below if you have any questions about attending an event with me.  Bring it on, 2014!
Looking forward to proudly sporting that blue R during the 2014 season!

No comments: