Saturday, May 8, 2010

In over my head


So lately I've been feeling kind of run down....yeah, even after basically just returning from a vacation in Hawaii.  Pathetic, I know.  I am not "complaining" because I completely know I don't really have anything going on in my life that is really worth complaining about.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve.  But i still can't shake this....feeling.  I really can't fully describe it...so I will just leave it at that.

Anyway, the purpose of this blog is running and not contemplating anything deeper than that ;), so I will stop rambling :).

I completed my 9 mile run at a pace of 9:30/mile on Wednesday right after I got off work (I have been making a habit of bringing running clothes with me to work and running from the parking lot) and chased that run with a lovely cinco de mayo dinner at my husband's and my favorite Mexican restaurant....I even indulged in half of a mango margarita :) (Jeremy helped with the other half :)).  Yum!

Thursday....no run or real workout, but I did have a volleyball game! :) some friends and I joined a sand volleyball league at a bar in town.  It is a ton of fun....but our team is admittedly awful :).  We have had four games and have lost each and every one ;).  Oh well....as I said...we do have fun! :)

Thursday after the 6:30pm game I hurried home to clean (we have out of town guests staying this weekend) and to work on a gift for a friend....i was actually up til 1:30am finishing knitting a baby hat for my dear friend Jen who had a baby this past Monday.

We set the alarm for 6am and I planned to get up and run...but we slept through the alarm! Ugh....due to a very busy rest of the day, no workout was fit in, which makes it now two days without a workout. Ugh ugh.....

Tomorrow is another day.....I know, I know....

So I reflected tonight that I am busy the next three weekends....and after that (june 6) it is the MN marathon....I am so not ready.  Four weeks.....

I, in order to meet my goal, have to qualify for the Boston Marathon by November.  I have just about 20 min to shave off my  Chicago Marathon time from October....oh the quest for 3 hours, 40 minutes, 59 seconds.....will I ever accomplish that??

I wish I had more time.

More time to run.

More time to relax/reflect.

More time to improve in many areas of my life.....

No comments: