Monday, May 10, 2010

Less than Four Weeks to Go!

So, marathon #2 is less than four weeks away. Nervous? Nah, not really....not yet.
I did 18 miles yesterday. I believe it was the 18-mile run that was the turning point of my training last fall before Chicago....I am pretty sure it was after that run that my IT band started acting up. I am happy to report that my joints/muscles/body in general seem to be doing better this time around. That's not to say I feel wonderful; I am definitely sore. However, I have been more conscientious about taking care of things......I am pretty sure my saving grace has been the pool. I have been fairly good about getting in the pool at least once a week. It's not my favorite workout of all time, but I know it's good for me (and my body!) to get in the pool.
Today, I swam laps for 30 minutes (alternating one lap of freestyle with one lap of breast stroke)....yahoo ;).
Nothing too exciting to report......I am freaking tired....goodnight! ;)

No comments: