Sunday, September 5, 2010

20 miles, take two

So i survived my second 20 mile training run of this marathon-training-cycle! I went around 12:30 today. The weather was glorious....in the low 70's. Awesome, really.

The first mile really sucked. I almost turned back, but that would've been quite pathetic and I try to not rock the pathetic-ness on a typical basis ;), so I pushed through the discomfort. After a mile, while still feeling some nagging discomfort in my right knee and thigh....it got better.

Was it the 4 Ibuprofen that i popped before the run? Was it the full hour of pool running I had done yesterday (which, while a bit boring at times, was overall pretty wonderful.....ZERO pain or discomfort. Oh water, you are my dear, dear friend!). Was it the probably-somewhat-ghetto-looking bring pink KT kineseotape Jeremy and I rigged up together on my knee and thigh after watching online tutorials???? Hahaha!

Aaaand, thanks to Nate's advice (trainer at the Sports Enhancement Center here in blo-no) I've been trying to tweak my form a bit. Easier said than done, naturally, but I'm starting to maybe see/feel some improvement that is *hopefully* more than simply mental

Whatever it was, though, today's run was better than I was thinking it would be. And....i'm grateful for that!

Three weeks til the big marathon numero tres! Here's hoping it's a success story :). I'm excited!

Aaaaand....the big news is: I'm pretty sure Jeremy is going to run the half marathon at the Quad Cities event! He actually ran 12 tonight (the most he's run yet! He's done 10 a few times). He's been slowly but surely building up his mileage. I've been teasing him that he's going to do the half....and, in true Jeremy form, he's adamently denied it.

He hasn't registered yet, that I'm aware of anyway, but I'd put good money down on the fact that I'm pretty dang sure he's gonna do it.

And THAT, my friends, is freaking hot to me! :)

Yeaaaaaah!



Posted by Rachelyn via Blogaway

No comments: