Friday, July 12, 2013

NYC Marathon, Here I Come!

I have the incredible opportunity to run this year's New York City Marathon as part of Team Believe!  Team Believe is a running team that was formed to raise awareness and money for Easter Seals through training together and participation in races.  While I made the decision to participate in the team a few weeks ago, today I officially sent in my registration for the marathon.  It's now becoming real!  In 114 days...I will be running a marathon through one of my favorite cities, New York!

More significant, though, than the actual act of running is the commitment I've made to use my participation in this race as a way to raise funds for Easter Seals.  Check out my fundraising page for "my story" that shares more details about Easter Seals and why I will be working to raise money for this life-changing organization through my training and participation in the New York City Marathon.

The event is November 3, 2013....and my countdown has begun!  Just 114 days!!

As far as my training/goals for the race?  Stay tuned for my thoughts later regarding those...as my BIG focus right now is the Ironman (only 58 training days left before this beast!).  The thought of trying to really crack down and focus on running speed for two months after Ironman and before the NYC Marathon has entered my mind (re: my ever-elusive Boston Qualifying race!)...but I don't know if that's yet realistic for me.  We'll see!! :)

Thanks once again for stopping by...for considering supporting my efforts with a donation to Easter Seals...and for reading about my crazy training adventures!  Happy training!

No comments: