Monday, November 24, 2008

{Sigh}

We just got back from another pool workout. This swimming stuff is hard work! Tonight I just did 24 laps...again, I think our pool is 25 yards so this would be 1200 meters. It took me 45 minutes and of course I had a few breaks in there. My friends Jami and Abbey were in the cardio room at the gym and came into the pool area to say hi. And, of course, Jeremy and I chatted a bit as well. I am exhausted, though! I feel like it's a great workout. However, I also feel pretty clueless about what the best things to do during a swimming workout are! I did some reading on random triathlon websites and saw that it's good to obviously practice the obvious strokes, but also to do laps of just arms/just legs. So, I throw some of that in there. Honestly, most of what I do is a crapshoot. I do informally check my heartrate every now and then just to be sure I am actually working ;), and it does in fact appear that I am...so I guess that's a good thing!
It's fun to be embarking on this new adventure together. I am glad we both have interest in this...and value staying in shape, both for ourselves and each other :).
Honestly, a good motivator too is the fact that the only times in the past 2 days that I have been able to breath without blockages in my sinuses was during my swims! We swam last night around 7 and tonight around 9. It was glorious to be able to breathe! Of course, though, my sinuses are getting full again. Gross! Oh, winter!

No comments: