Saturday, November 15, 2008

Silly me

Ok, I realize the excessive blogs is kinda silly. But I don't care! Really, I can type a gazillion words a minute...so I don't waste too much time blogging! ;) I really do like writing. So, whatever ;).

A while ago Jeremy and I decided we are going to start training for a triathlon together. Really! We've run a number of road races together, starting in the summer of 2005 (most notably the Bix which we do in late July each summer). This summer we made a big purchase together...we each got a brand new Trek roadbike! We started training on our bikes until it got too cold.

Jeremy started the swimming leg of our "training" this week...and in what is NOT true Rachel fashion (really!), I haven't been able to join him yet this week! In fact, I only worked out once...back on Monday (it is SATURDAY!). Egads! It has been a crazy week...really. Ok, ok...I shouldn't make excuses...BUT on Tuesday we had dinner at Jeremy's parents' house and then had to go grocery shopping to get items to make cookies for Jeremy to bring to work on Wed and items to make dinner for friends Wed; Wednesday I had 3 girl friends over for dinner (a joint "birthday party"; Thursday we had dinner with Jeremy's friends Adam and Ken and their girlfriends (well, Ken's girlfriend is a fiancee ;) ), and last night we had Adam and Jami over for our mock "Thanksgiving" dinner. Whew! I am gonna turn into a regular little fatty!

Well, tonight I am joining Jeremy in the pool. Here I come! I just shaved my legs (HATE doing this in the winter!) and am gonna head over there...he's gonna join me when he gets home from work!

Ok, I should go finish getting ready! I plan to update this with our training trials and tribulations...wish us luck on our road to our first tri!

No comments: