Saturday, February 14, 2009

Half marathon, here I COME!

8:00am, Saturday, April 11....HERE I COME! Just slightly under 2 months til my 1st half marathon! I have been going back and forth in my mind, wondering if I could really do it...uncharted territory worries me. This is definitely something out of my comfort zone, something I have never attempted before. Well, I am gonna jump in...and DO IT! Christian, a good friend of mine, called me yesterday afternoon (she lives in FL with her husband Dan). Christian has done a few half's and hopes to do a full before the end of the year. She convinced me that I could indeed do it...there really isn't any reason not to just GO FOR IT! So, here I come! I found some training plans and plan on dedicating myself to this for the next 2 months. I did well, workout wise, this week. The weather was great on Tuesday, so Jeremy and ran 3 miles outside...obviously this isn't much, and it was SO easy, but it was our first outdoor run of the year so it felt great! We would've gone longer but we were in a hurry to meet up with his dad for dinner (his dad flew in from a business trip....one of many...Tuesday evening). Wednesday night I spent a bit over an hour at the gym doing the treadmill and elliptical, Thursday night we had dinner with friends and then a friend spent the night here so no time for the gym :(, Friday I did 2 hours of cardio (treadmill, elliptical, and bike), and today I did 65 minutes on the elliptical. Naturally I try to do lots of incline work on both the treadmill and bike and up the resistance to keep my heart rate up. It has been feeling great this week! Tomorrow I hope to get in another long gym session...or run outside, weather permitting. I need to stop being a baby and just run outside, no matter the conditions ;). Well, barring ice, of course ;).

APRIL 11...the countdown begins!!! 8 weeks EXACTLY from today!!!...56 days

No comments: