Thursday, August 13, 2009

OOPS!

So I wrote in my last post that this week I'd be following the training plan to a T....I started out OK....Monday I rested! The Hal Higdon Novice training schedule (which I have been more or less following...) has you rest on Mondays. Then came Tuesday....
I was supposed to run 3 miles on Tuesday. Well, I did! AFTER I did 65 minutes on the elliptical at the gym! ;) I actually ran about 3.25 on the sidewalks/roads at home after Jeremy and I got home from the gym and while dinner was cooking in the oven ;). I did the last mile in 7:18, which I was proud of myself for :).
Then yesterday....I was supposed to do 7. Wellllll...after work, Jeremy was craving Mexican (our vice!) so we went to our new favorite Mexican place here in town, Herradura, and split an entree (it was so big, that we had leftovers, too!)...I wore gym clothes to the restaurant, hoping to go to the gym/run shortly after dinner. Well, I was exhausted...so I went home. We got home around 8 and I planned to just go to the gym by 9 to get in an hour or so before the gym closed at 10. Well, I layed down on the couch at 8 and didn't get up again til 11. WHOOPS! So, my supposed-to-run-seven-miles-day turned into a rest/lazy A day! uh oh....
So, then today for some reason I thought I was supposed to run 8. I asked my good friend from work, Jamie, if she'd run 8 miles with me tonight...and she did! So we ran 8 together. It was great! We did it in 1 hour, 11 minutes...so just under a 9 minute/mile pace. Then, I got home and discovered I was only "supposed" to run 7 miles! Double whoops! So much for following the stinkin' plan! HA! OH well ;). I plan to do JUST 4 tomorrow afternoon...and then Saturday morning I am doing 15 with the group (uncharted territory for me! 13.5 is the longest I've ever run before!). Here's hoping I survive! :)
Actually, I just peeked over at the intermediate plan and according to that one....week ten is Mon cross train, Tues 4, Wed 8, Thurs 4, Fri rest...so I am really not far off from that. ;) So, maybe there is still hope for me!
The big things....
1) I haven't missed any long runs other than week 7 when I was supposed to run 12 and didn't end up running 12 because I ran the 7-mile Bix race and was wiped.
2) I have been doing at least the suggested total mileage each week

I can DO this! :)

No comments: