Monday, August 10, 2009

Halfway there!

Yesterday I completed WEEK 9 of marathon training (yes, even though I haven't posted since July 27th, I've still been hard at work ;))....only 9 weeks to go til the big race! Here we go! I am not totally 100% sure of what my workouts have been since I've recorded them last on here. I kinda stink and haven't been writing them down very frequently in my "running diary" that I just HAD to buy toward the beginning of this ;). Oh well! I do know, though, that I've worked out/ran at LEAST 10 days straight without a day off, so I really need to take today off. SO, today is officially an OFF day :).

Let's go backwards and see if I can remember what I've done....

Sunday, August 9: 10 miles with the marathon training group
Saturday, August 8: 45 minutes on the elliptical (4.5 miles)
Friday, August 7: 6 miles on the treadmill
Thursday, August 6: 4 miles outside (with Jamie!)
Wednesday, August 5: 5 miles on the treadmill
Tuesday, August 4: 6 miles on the treadmill
Monday, August 3: 45 minutes on the elliptical (4.5 miles)

A total of approximately 40 miles. WHEW!!!

Sunday, August 2: 13.5 miles with the marathon training group (let me tell you what, I was FEELING that afterwards! That was the LONGEST I'd run since the half marathon in April!!)
...and, honestly, it's sorta foggy after that, unfortunately. ARGH! I want to be able to estimate, at the end of this, how many miles I ran total over the 18-week training program and I can't do that very well if I forget workouts!!

Goals for this week:
~Drink more water throughout the day
~FOLLOW the plan EXACTLY (I haven't exactly done that at all over the weeks so far!!)...That means, Tuesday I will run 3 miles, Wednesday I will run 7 miles, and Thursday I will run 4 miles. Monday and Friday will be off, Saturday will be 15, and Sunday will be a crosstrain day. I am starting out right, by taking today off! Let's see how the rest of the week goes :).
~STRETCH more consistently and for longer (my PT friend Jamie has been helping me with that :))

Bring on week 10!!! :)

No comments: