Saturday, September 5, 2009

18

Well today was the day of more firsts for me :)...I ran 17, then 18 miles! The most I'd run prior to this was 16 miles, so miles 17 and 18 were totally new territory...and it felt great! I had the best "runners' high" ever afterwards, too ;). After three straight hours of running, I felt like I could conquer the world! So, I picked up an iced coffee for me and some McDonald's breakfast for Jeremy on my way home (per his request; yeah, we're health freaks around here! HA! Actually, though, he has lost TWENTY-EIGHT pounds this summer; and it wasn't like he needed to, either)....then when I got home I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge (aka threw away old/expired stuff, and washed the shelves/walls of the fridge), cleaned the litter box, emptied/re-loaded the dishwasher....and then crashed. Boy oh boy was I TIRED! I still am. I've been somewhat worthless for most of the day.

In other news, I may have screwed up my right knee. It's not feeling good. I just e-mailed a co-worker whose husband is a PT who works at a sports' clinic here in town to see if he could see me. I am not messing with this crap; I hope it's something I can deal with and deal with quickly and easily. There are just FIVE weekends between me and the marathon and I am not giving up!

No comments: