Sunday, September 27, 2009

Great Race!

So, on a whim a week and a half ago or so...I decided to sign up for the Quad Cities Half Marathon. My sister was running the full (her first!) and I decided it would be cool to go to support her...and if I was going anyway, I should probably get in a training run! ;) According to my schedule, I was supposed to do a 12 mile run this weekend (I am now in the "tapering down" period....last Sunday's 20 mile run was the peak of training). So, I figured that doing the 13.1 mile half marathon would be just fine. It was a great race....and I love the Quad Cities. It's weird how it really does feel like home to me. I didn't grow up there...but I spent 4 years of my life there (I went to Augustana for undergrad) and my parents now live in Geneseo (they moved there when I was 18; right when I moved to Augie, actually)...so it's always nice to be "back home."

Well, I ran the half in 1:52:09 today....15th out of 114 in my age group! Not too shabby :). I was happy with that...and I don't feel too terribly today ;), so that's a good thing too!

More later....it's been a busy weekend so I need to go get some things done before the work week starts...

No comments: