Tuesday, October 6, 2009

5 days til judgement day!!

Well I've been feeling great lately...which is a wonderful feeling. Lots of ibuprofen, rest, ice, ion/steroid treatments, prayer, swimming/aqua jogging, stretching, and new shoes have really helped my knee out a lot I believe.

After the half marathon last week, I took Mon/Tuesday off, ran 4.5 on a treadmill on Wednesday (and felt awful...afterwards, I met a friend for dinner, and then when I got home I took my shoes off to discover a blister on my left ankle had basically exploded blood all over my sock/shoe/foot, AND a new hugER blister had formed underneath. Nice. Thanks to Jillian and Band Aid brand blister pads, though, that is all cleared up ;))....took Thursday and Friday off, and then ran a 5k on Saturday: Run the Woods, a fundraiser for Easter Seals (my place of employment!) It was a great race. I got 26:12, which is a decent time for a trail run...it was muddy and rainy! I got 2nd in my age group, which was good. Last year I got 3rd in my age group...with a time that was about 2 minutes slower! This year's winner for my age group got 25:35, so really I wasn't too far behind her. Next year I'll dominate ;). It's a small race, so it's a nice ego boost since it's not too difficult to place in my age group ;).

I ran 8 miles outside on Sunday...it was beautiful! Last night I did some aqua jogging for 45 minutes with Jillian. It was wonderful to have company. I plan on taking tonight off and running 4 or so tomorrow. In case you haven't figured it out ;), I am tapering wayyyy down (per Hal Higdon's marathon training plan and the advice of all of the other marathoners I've talked to!!) in preparation for Sunday. I. am. SO. EXCITED!

Not sure if it was a good idea or not ;), but I realized that I (as of Sunday) will have run races 3 weekends in a row! Sept 27: Quad Cities Half. Oct 3: Run the Woods 5k. Oct 11: CHICAGO MARATHON!

Have I mentioned lately that I am excited ;).

No comments: