Sunday, October 18, 2009

I DID IT!

I am still processing everything....and I don't have time for a full-out post and wrap-up of last weekend....

But I'll say this....
I FINISHED!

I finished in 4 hours, 1 minute, and 4 seconds (and yes...those extra 64 seconds past the 4 hour mark will forever plague me!)...but...

I HAD A BLAST!

...and YES....I WILL run more marathons! Where will #2 be?! Stay tuned!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the weekend....
My running shoes, geared up and ready to go the night before! Chip in place, and "speed bead" in place....a good-luck gift from my good friend Jillian!

Silly fleece ear thingie! So it was FREEZING that weekend....and so we went to Dick's to get some of those hand warmer packet things...and I realized I didn't bring a headband thing to get my ears warm...this was on clearance for 98 cents, so I snagged it up...expecting to throw it away after a few miles. I ended up wearing good ol' Shootin' Hoops the entire race! Best 98 cents spent ever ;)

Here I am around 7am before the race...a little nervous...and lookin' LARGE in my many layers!

Jeremy snapped this photo around the 20-mile mark, where I saw him for the 1st time. Here's what I wrote about this photo when I posted it on Facebook:
"I should probably be embarrassed by how terrible I look here...but I guess I am not ;). This is right by the 20-mile mark, where I saw Jeremy. Please note the piles of clothing that are still in place...as it was FREEZING. I am wearing a size XL long-sleeved shirt that I got for free at the marathon expo the day before...apparently they had gads of XL shirts leftover at the Chicago half marathon in Sept...so they gave them away to expo-attendees. I grabbed one, thinking it would be a good shirt to wear and throw away once I warmed up. I never really did warm up, so it stayed on. I was rather disappointed that I never got to sport the cute green Lake Run Club tank I was wearing underneath!You know you're getting OLD when you DO sacrifice fashion for comfort...(let's not even get started about the blue "shootin' hoops" headband that is on, with pink hat over that....)"

And, here I am after successfully completing my first marathon! I was not even thinking about photos, but thankfully Steve (a good friend who accompanied us) offered to take a picture...thanks, Steve, for thinking of it!!! You are awesome! I LOVE this photo :)
And there you have it! More details on the actual race later...

No comments: