Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ahhhh!


Just returned from a 18.5 mile solo bike ride :).  It felt awesome....I hadn't gotten my bike out all summer, sadly.  All of the time I had for physical activity outside was always dedicated to running.  Since my right thigh (quad?) has been sore for about a week now (I did rest Sunday and Wednesday completely and took it easy Saturday (only 4...was going to do 6, but I felt the scary all-to-familiar twinge of my right IT band going goofy...), Monday (swam laps at the pool for 35 min....wanted to pool jog, but the deep water pool at my gym is being cleaned and won't be open for a few more weeks), Tuesday (Just did 40 minutes on ye olde eliptical at the gym, followed by 60 min of sand volleyball :) ) ).....I decided to do some cross-training and go for a ride!

It was glorious :).

Good choice.

Good for the soul.

Leg is a bit more sore.....but at least I mentally feel better. I hatehatehate taking so many days off! Makes me looney...

:)

Ah....the great outdoors and the awesome feeling of getting that heart beating/pumping quickly :).

The weather was awesome today, too :).

Happy training, all! :)

~R

No comments: