Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oh dear

So....
The last eight-day Saturday-Saturday period was a running success, I'd say.

Sunday....I did NOT run. Took that day right off! :) I did get a lot of walking in ;)....we spent the day at Six Flags with some friends. Fatiguing, but not in a real "athletic" way ;).

Monday...I ran 4 with Jamie.

Tuesday....no running. I didn't have time! ARGH! And, we were under yet ANOTHER heat advisory. I did play sand volleyball for approximately an hour...again, fatiguing but not a real "work out."

Today...I ran 6 with Jamie (the mileage I was supposed to get in yesterday). I was in a hurry afterwards and came home, took a 3 minute shower (literally), and then jumped in the car with Jer to go off to a going away party for one of our friends. I ate an entire pound (actually probably a bit more) of cherries in the car and then drank a glass of merlot at the bar.

Last time I checked, a pound+ of cherries shouldn't really equal dinner.

After the merlot, we went to dairy queen.

I ate a (small...HA!) blizzard.

Then we came home and I ate a piece of cheese.

oh dear............................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eighty miles in eight days and you do this kind of training the following week ? Cherries and Merlot ? Blizzards and cheese ? Oh yeah, the gastrointestinal distress you create may be in your own image. And people look at me weird when I tell them too many structured goals/targets only causes people to do foolish things.

Okay, no guilt trips as you were typing at 11:35 PM and even I don't know why I'm still awake. With the heat index you may want to consider the indoor track at Four Seasons, or, sneaking onto the indoor track at Illinois State. That big honkin' building is air conditioned. Just go walk inside and see what happens. Or, dare I say , awaken EARLY to train.

You really are too smart to be doing this, or, has the 'Bachelorette' finally done it's evil upon your intellect ? :) Of course, you could just shift to 'Dancing with the Stars," which I have concluded is latin for ,"Just kill me now."

Romo

Are you EVER, going to answer the question about the spinning totem in Inception ?

Anonymous said...

So is Romo friend or foe ?

Rachel Lynn said...

Romo--I know, gross, eh? Sometimes I do some really strange things food-wise (and other-wise as well...but we won't go there ;)).

The heat index does blow. I do get up early on the weekends to do my really long runs. But, it's hard during the week, with work and all (cue sad violins ;))....

Dancing With the Stars? Ick! ;) However, my husband does DVR it...not even kidding. He totally loves to watch the hot women in skimpy clothing dance, I'm certain :).

The totem...it totally stops. Duh!! ;) And...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

:)

And....do I really have a second anonymous poster?! Pretty sure Romo is "friend", to answer the question....

What do you think? ;)

Romo said...

Impressive. You're right. I don't think it matters about the totem, either. I do think in the duality of most things. In this case, I think it's likely that the character was in a dream and the totem did stop. The result, his dream had become his reality in an absolute sense. Then again, it's just a movie.

Friend ? I'm just a well intentioned bystander and mostly harmless, as Douglas Adams would say. You helped me out and while I won't repeat those comments; I remain grateful.

On food: May I suggest www.americastestkitchen.com and epicurious.com .
Great recipes and teaching videos. With some basic skills, you will never have a bad meal again. I seem to recall you having a thing for blueberry muffins, if not, sorry, but the test kitchen site has a great recipe. That being said, I favor the epicurious sitebecause no registration is required.

I'm pretty certain the dresses on," Dancing with the Stars," are attached to the women with some type of adhesive. There is no way they can move like that and not fall out of that dress. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.

On the topic of thinking differently, try Ted.com, they even have a lecture from Billy Graham.