Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wrap-up of past few days' worth of training

So....after my post about being BAD last week....

I didn't run on Thursday OR Friday! Egads!!!

Friday, actually, I got home from work at 5:30 (never mind the fact that I am technically OFF at noon on Fridays...yeah...I have a problem...) and literally fell asleep on the floor in the hallway outside of our office upstairs. I layed down on the floor to talk to Jer who was on the computer, and conked out. I transplanted myself to my bed shortly therafter (about 7) and fell asleep again....until 9! Talk about a wasted evening! ;) Well, my body probably just reallyreallyreally needed sleep ;).

Saturday I ran 7.75....was supposed to do 9...but slept in a bit. I had to get to a hair appointment by 8am (I know, I know...super important, right?? ;)).

Sunday I ran 19.25 (Hal called for 19, but my OCD self wanted to add that point 25 to round out the weekend's miles to an even 27 miles). WHEW!

Last week's total...(I count Monday-Sunday as a "week")....39 miles running. 11 miles biking :).

So far this week.....
Monday I ran 4 and today I ran 9.
a very, very sweaty nine!!

Seriously. Hal called for 10, but the heat....I can't even describe it! We have a heat advisory right now, effective from 1pm this afternoon until like 7pm tomorrow.

So, what does Rachel do...RUNS! HA! I mean, really, though what was I supposed to do?! ;) Training can't really take a hiatus for weather!!

I got out of work a bit later than I hoped, and had to hurry to a sand vb game (I was a few minutes late to the game as it was)....and couldn't keep up the pace I was hoping to do because of the heat....so I settled for nine tonight.

Let me tell you what...it was one of the HOTTEST runs I'd done yet! The heat index was far over 100...like 110ish!

Three miles in, I removed my tank top and soaked it in a drinking fountain along the constitution trail. I wrung it out over my head (seriously), and soaked my face in the drinking fountain. I re-wet the tank top and strapped it into the back of my sports bra for some cooling action down my back. I had to look like a freaking hot mess. HA!

Thank goodness for water fountains on the Constitution Trail, I have to say! They were definitely a lifesaver tonight.

Goodnight, all!

No comments: