Friday, June 12, 2009

120 days!

...and counting til my big Marathon Numero Uno! :) I can't wait!

My good friend Jillian came down to Bloomington this morning (she lives in Peoria) so we could get in some training together. She is training for the Chicago Triathlon (in late August). Today we biked 8 miles and then ran 2 miles. It might sound somewhat wimpy ;), but having never ever in my entire life ran directly following a bike ride...WOW! My legs felt kinda goofy! It was a lot of fun, though. I really wish Jillian lived closer...for more reasons than one! She is so much fun and it would be great to have a training partner at easier access! ;)

Jeremy and I are running a 5k tomorrow morning at State Farm Park here in town. My goal is simply to beat my time at the Race to Wrigley 5k from April 25...27 minutes and 32 seconds. Not anything to be too excited about ;), but not too terrible either. I am excited; I always get excited before races! This will be my 4th race of the year. Woo hoo! :)

I also registered for the Steamboat Classic 15k race, which is next Saturday in Peoria. I am really looking forward to that race! I think it will be a great time. It will be my first time running in that event, but I guess it's one of the bigger running events in the area.

I want to get a bit more consistent with my blogging on this blog so that I can keep better track of my training/event times, etc....but we'll see if that actually happens ;). Somehow life just always seems to be busy and gets away from me rather quickly....and I don't even have a kid yet to chase around! It's just me and Jer and I STILL feel busy!

Off to see a movie with my doting husband ;).

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: