Monday, June 22, 2009

Lake Run Club marathon training group

So I think I am going to join the Lake Run Club marathon training group...but I wish I had someone to join it with me (there's no way I am gonna get Jeremy up early on weekends for long training runs of, say, 10+ miles! ;)). The first informational meeting is tomorrow night, but I am unfortunately unable to attend due to a prior commitment (volunteering to help teach an SLP class over at ISU for the evening). So, I am going to e-mail one of the contacts listed on the Lake Run Club's website and see if I can just sign up and then join in on some of the weekend runs. We'll see.

In other news, I haven't taken a day off yet post the 15k on Sat...I did take it relatively easy the past 2 days. I just did 65 minutes on an elliptical followed by 10 minutes on a stationary bike at the gym yesterday, and then 36 minutes on the treadmill today at the gym...I figured I needed to do at least SOMETHING, however small...since I am teaching that class tomorrow night and most likely won't make it to the gym. So, there you have it. Wednesday I'll pick up (hopefully) with an outdoor run. I really need to start getting up earlier (egads!) and getting in my runs before work when it's cooler. I am SO not a morning person, though. We'll see.

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and happy running :)

No comments: