Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lake Run Club

Whew! I had a great morning run! :) The best part is, it's 8:05am on Saturday and I am already done with my workout for the day! ;) Today was the Saturday "long run" of week 3 of the 18-week training program...so just 5 miles. I had a great time running with some "new friends" with the Lake Run Club's marathon training group. I really enjoyed myself and (at this point! ;)) am glad that I joined. It was great to hear people who have run marathons before chat with some advice for training/running. It was also nice to have company on the trail! Of course my favorite training partner is my husband :), but he's not as interested in running the long distances as I am! So, it was time to look elsewhere...enter Lake Run Club! ;) I met a nice guy, Dan, who will be running the Chicago marathon as his 1st marathon and ran the Illinois half marathon at just about exactly the same time I did...so maybe we'll run the same pace at Chicago! That would be great, but we'll see.

It was a beautiful morning for a run. I actually felt like I should've put in a few more miles, but I just left after the requisite 5.

I leave you with the suggested week 3 workout schedule/my actual completed week 3 workouts:

Monday: Rest/3.5 miles treadmill
Tuesday: 3 mile run/Rest
Wednesday: 4 mile run/4 mile run
Thursday: 3 mile run/Rest
Friday: Rest/65 minutes (6 mi) treadmill
Saturday: 5 mile run/5 mile run

So far, I'm right on target! :) I took the 2 rest days, but took them on days different than the ones suggested. I did 2 of my runs on a treadmill inside, but they were longer than the suggested outdoor runs...so I think I am doing ok.

I was more than fine after the 5 miles today. I kept up with the faster runners in the group and finished strong.

So far, I feel great about my training! Tomorrow's schedule calls for 60 minutes of cross training. I plan to either swim or do the elliptical at the gym. Maybe I'll get some strength training in as well, we'll see.

3 weeks basically down, 15 to go!!

Next Saturday's Race: Park 2 Park 5 mile
Yahoo!

No comments: