Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lovely weather


Yesterday was absolutely beautiful!  My friend and often~running~buddy, Jamie, and I made plans to go on a running date yesterday morning.  Jamie is training for her first half marathon (which will be at the Illinois Marathon event on May 1; I am running it with her!), and i am training for my 2nd marathon (in MN in June).  In these earlier weeks our training plans overlap quite a bit.  Yesterday I needed to run 10 miles and she needed to run 9....so we made plans for her to meet me over at my house.  As she was driving over....I ran my 1st mile and then we ran 9 miles together....it was wonderful! The weather was great....in the 40s...and we had some awesome conversations.  Jamie is a really wonderful friend and I am so thankful she and her husband Steve are here in Bloomington.  Jamie is a wonderful person....the kind of person who spurs me on to be a better person simply by being her sweet self!  I love running for so many reasons....but it is even sweeter when it allows time for some great conversations and deep soul~searching with a great friend! :)  i look forward to many more wonderful runs and chats with Jamie!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Aww - thanks,Rach! It was a GREAT run with great company!! Thanks for being an inspiration to me to challenge myself, and not accept the status quo - which is often so easy to do when life gets busy. Always good to take time to refresh with a good run with a good friend! Give my <3 to ES this week - hopefully I learn lots from this course! I will let you know if I will be around next wknd for another lovely jaunt around state farm :)
- Jamie

Rachel Lynn said...

Thanks, Jamie! You are pretty great :) safe travels to you!
In other news....you should really start a blog! I was excited by your comment because it looks like you do have a blog ;)....so you should join the silly club and post stuff! Haha!