Friday, March 12, 2010

Quest for 3:40:59

So I registered for marathon #2....Minneapolis...June 6, 2010...85 days from now. I am in week 6 of my 18-week training program (I am doing Hal Higdon's Novice plan again; the same thing I did last summer to prep for Chicago). So far, so good. I feel great and can't wait to run another marathon!

However...naturally I have a goal in mind ;). In order to qualify for the Boston Marathon, I need to get a qualifying time of 3 hours, 40 minutes, 59 seconds (or better!). My goal is to qualify for the 2011 Boston Marathon at the Chicago Marathon this fall. In order to (hopefully) better my chances of successfully qualifying, I thought I should get in one more marathon before Chicago this fall. Therefore...Minneapolis, here I come! I am going to be staying with my good friends, Rosalee and Bobby, who live in Bloomington, MN. I am super-excited to see them! :)

I may be crazy....not sure if 3 hours, 40 minutes, 59 seconds by October is a realistic goal...but I am going to try my darndest!! :) I ran last October in 4 hours, 1 minute, 4 seconds....which means I need to shave about 21 minutes off of my time. That's almost a whole minute/mile faster. Ugh. I think I can, I think I can! :)

Really, I want to accomplish the Boston Marathon before pregnancy :). We are absolutely not ready for a little Brunner any time soon...but that time will be here before we know it! I will be 28 in October and want to have my 1st baby before 30. In my mind (and we all know it isn't up to us!! ;)), running 2 marathons this year, qualifying for and running Boston in April 2011 (Monday the 18th!)...and then thinking about a little one! ;)

Again...there's a ton that has to happen for my little plan to really come to fruition ;)....but, hey, it's my blog and my life and my dreams....and that's what I've been thinking about for the past couple of months!!! :)

Bring on Minneapolis! :) :)

2 comments:

George said...

For anyone who calls themselves a distance runner, qualifying is the ultimate prize. Why? Because it is hard to do. Not many people make it, the percentages are against you. When you are young the qualifying times are fast, went you are old, well you’re old and the times still seem fast. However, it is a great historic race, full of tradition and pageantry and you’re there because you earned it.
Good luck, I did it in Chicago last year, what a feeling!

Rachel Lynn said...

THANKS george!! :) :) not sure if I can really do it.....but I am definitely going to try!!!