Sunday, March 28, 2010

Slacker....not really...but kinda

So I have had a reallyreally busy past 5 days....Wednesday I left around 1 after a busy morning at work and set out for the Quad Cities. I didn't return home until approximately 6pm tonight (Sunday). The hours in between were spent in almost constant motion...not of the mile-running sort, but of the wedding-errand-running sort :). It was an amazing, amazing time spent with many family and friends. I have many new memories that I will treasure for a lifetime...and I have a new brother (in-law!) :). Now there are TWO Daniel's in the Matyasse family :). Dan Matyasse (my younger brother!) and Danny Hankner, Megan's new husband! :)

As I posted previously, I ran a quick 3.5 miles outside with my friend Jamie on Monday (which seems like an eternity ago!), followed by 45 minutes on the elliptical at the gym. On Tuesday I ran 5 miles outside right after work. However, the rest of the week wasn't very notable as far as working out goes :). I know I should cut myself some slack due to the wedding events...but I still feel somewhat guilty (and gross, as I always do when I don't get much time to work out...which, thankfully, is seldom...but this is real life and it does happen at times!). Wednesday I didn't work out, but Thursday morning I did wake up early to run 4 mile with my sister along a canal not far from my parents' home. It felt great!! :) That was my last run with my sister as a Matyasse! :) We had a great chat and it was nice to spend some 1-on-1 time, pre-wedding.

The rest of Thursday was spent getting ready for her bachelorette party, which began at 4pm that afternoon. Friday was a whirlwind of last-minute wedding errands, mani/pedi's from approximately 1pm-3pm, rushing back to our hotel to get ready for the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, the rehearsal at 5, and the rehearsal dinner at 6. After that, Jeremy spent a bit of 1-on-1 time together (really our only all weekend!) and went out to get ice cream (Country Style, a Quad City original! :) ). Saturday....it was WEDDING MODE all day :).

Today...we slept in at my parents' house and met Meg and Danny for lunch in Davenport. After that we did the present-opening thing for a bit over at their house and then I headed home...I got home about 6 and have been tackling laundry ever since.

I MUST get back to it (mucho running!) tomorrow, though! :) :) I will, I will! :)

If only I didn't feel quite so guilty!!

No comments: