Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bad


I was bad tonight.

Bad, bad.

I havent gone running.....

For TWO days!!

Saturday was the Bix.....yahoo! It was a great race.  Wet....but great.

Sunday I ran 12 with the Lake Run Club.  It was a great run.  I ran with Merlin for the entire 12 who realllllly pushed me.  We ran much of the 12 at an 8:30ish pace.  A few times I felt like throwing in the towel....my legs were pretty spent from the ever-hilly Bix the day before....but I kept on pushing and survived! :).

Monday I ran 3.  Hal said that's all I had to do....and I listened! ;)

Tuesday I ran 9. It was HOT....and afterwards I played a sand volleyball game! I realized that day (not for the first time, either....sadly this girl needs to "learn" more than once!! ;)) that I realllllllllly need to do a better job of eating and drinking water throughout the day.....

Wednesday I biked!! 11 miles on a tandem bike with Merlin! This deserves a post all its own! Perhaps tomorrow.....

And today?  Today.....

Today, I was BAD.

Dinner with coworkers and friends....Firehouse Pizza....an entire gluten free pizza with garlic sauce, canadian bacon, pineapple, and mushrooms and a side of marinara...just for me.

Yup, i ate the entire thing.  Eight (somewhat small, but still eight!!) pieces of delight in my mouth.

AND.....

I wasnt even full afterwards...

Really!

My metabolism is wicked crazy lately with all of this running....

And....

Afterwards I had ICE CREAM!

Coconut ice cream with hot fudge.  Emack and Bolio's....you are gooood friends of mine ;).

Tasted like Hawaii in my mouth.

But....also....

Tasted like NOT running.....tasted like guilt....tasted like getting fat/flabby/gross

*sigh*

I did have some very good conversations with some very good friends.  I have to keep reminding myself that a day without running is not necessarily wasted.

....right????

Posted by Rachel Lynn via Blogaway

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mean this in the nice way. Have you noticed that, at times, when everything goes well, like a nice night with friends, you still go looking for 'trouble' ?



--Romo

Rachel Lynn said...

Romo--

You're right. You always are

:),

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I get told that, a lot.

I met this guy, he was dating a woman I knew, and he looked like he might have been a hat check clerk at an ice rink. Which in fact he turned out to be. And I said, 'Oh, boy, right again'."