Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week in Review

So, another running week has come to a close :).

Monday--off (we were driving back from the east coast)

Tuesday--8 miles in the evening after work

Wednesday--4 miles in the morning before work with my friend Jamie

Thursday--4 miles in the morning before work with my friend Jamie

Friday--4o minutes of pool jogging with my friend Jillian

Saturday--8 miles

Sunday--17 miles

Grand total for the week: 41 miles (not including "pool jogging")

Woot! New high-mileage week! :) I'm gettin' there! :)

This morning I met up with the Lake Run Club marathon training group at the constitution trail to do my 17 miles. Two other people ran with me for 10.5 of the miles and one guy ran with me for about 13.5. It was a great run :). I was planning to do 16 (what Hal Higdon called for today), but the pace with the group was a bit slower than I would've liked...so I added some speed work and extra hills at the end. Felt great! Legs are tired now, though. I've been stretching this afternoon...and I think I am going to go lay by the pool with a book :). We'll see :).

Have a great day, all! Happy running!

No comments: