Monday, July 5, 2010

Life seems to revolve around running...

....well, for me anyway :). Somewhat, at least :).

So I went on vacation with my family....we are driving back now. Let me tell you, being in the car for 10+ hours is giving my poor legs some serious cramp-age action!

It was an awesome vacation....and, thanks to traveling with my trusty and amazing Garmin running watch and my fellow runners, my sister Megan and brother Dan's girlfriend Laura...I was able to get some great runs in. As I said, my life seems to revolve around running. Many conversations about running/schedules/etc were necessary to plan out the runs for the weekend.

Wednesday night before we left, I was able to do a quick 3.5 (Hal plan called for 3) with my friend Jamie at home. Thursday was a day off (in place of Friday, which is the day off my plan called for). Friday I did 7 (Laura ran 3, Meg ran 5, and I did 7). Saturday we did 3. Sunday Laura did 2 with us and Meg and I did 8. I was supposd to do 10....but the hills and heat did me in....in a major way. As I posted afterwards on facebook, Virginia (where we were staying)....you are one hilly B!! Our hotel was right outside of the Quantico Marine Corps Base (where my brother Dan was attending Officer Candidacy School for the past six weeks). And, it was conveniently minutes from Prince William National Park...beautiful and perfect for running. Meg and I took on "scenic drive" on Sunday morning....oh, it was scenic.....and completely hilly. Big hills. Rolling hills. Steep hills. Hills that made us cry out for mercy and cry out for our mommy. For real. ;) It was pretty incredible training, though :).

We also spent a good part of the weekend walking. We walked at least 3 miles on Sunday and 4-5 on Saturday. Saturday we spent the day touring DC on foot and Sunday we went to see the fireworks downtown. It was fabulous....but tiring!

I do love "active" vacations, though :). So I don't feel as if I go home tons fatter or anything ;)

Posted by Rachel Lynn via Blogaway

No comments: