Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bix!

We had a great time running the Bix 7 in Davenport...well, at least I did! ;) I got my best time out of the 6 times I have run it...and finally attained my under-an-hour goal! :)
I got 58 minutes and 36 seconds which put me at 2426 overall and 78th out of 955 in my age group! Top 10%! Woo hoo!!! :)
Jeremy also got his best time of 1:03:06...let me tell you what, he was pretty upset ;) about those extra 3 seconds at the end that put him ever-so-slightly over a 9 minute mile pace! ;) I am proud of him, though!! :)
However...my "long run" this weekend is supposed to be 12 miles...and I haven't exactly done that yet and the weekend is slipping away. I shouldn't slack off on the long runs, I know...but I am freaking tired and sore! Plus we are still in the QCs at my parents' house and have to make the 2 hour drive back to Bloomington soon...
Darn it all!
We'll see :). I guess if I don't get it in I shouldn't totally beat myself up for it...but I should at least do some kind of long-ish run tonight. We'll see what happens!!

No comments: