Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bring on week five!

So week 4 of the 18 week training program is officially over...I ran the 9 mile "long run" with the Lake Run Club this morning. It felt great! I was skeptical as to if I'd actually get up this morning after staying up kinda late the past 2 nights and waking up yesterday at 5:45 to do the Park 2 Park 5 Miler....but I did it! I ran the entire way with John, a "veteran" in the group who has done 5 marathons. We took it slow-ish and ran the 9 miles in 1 hour 27 minutes, so just under a 10 minute mile pace. I need to get it through my head that not every run has to be a "pace" run....it is important to get the miles in, even if they aren't "fast". I felt great afterwards, though. John told me as we were finishing that the key to the long runs during marathon training is that you want to feel as if you can still run a few miles when you are finished...and I definitely felt that way. Whew! ;) It was a cool, overcast morning which was definitely ideal for running! A cool breeze was present at times, but it never felt hot...which was awesome! I felt spoiled by the great running weather (but disappointed that it isn't good pool weather for the afternoon! I wanted to round out the 4th of July weekend with a visit to State Farm pool....but it's kinda yucky).

Milage the past week:
Monday--7 miles
Tuesday--0
Wednesday--0
Thursday--5.5 miles
Friday--4 miles
Saturday--5 miles (Race)
Sunday--9 miles
Total milage for week 4--30.5

14 weeks til Chicago!! :)

No comments: