Friday, July 3, 2009

Ok, I think I've found a plan I like

I mentioned that I wasn't sure that the Hal Higdon "Novice" plan was quite right for me in my training regimine...not that I think I am super fit and a super talented runner or anything ;), but the suggested weekly milage was quite a bit lower than what I tended to do (at least in the earlier weeks of the plan). So, this morning I did some internet searching and came up with some great finds:

Hal Higdon's Home Page

Novice I Marathon Training Plan (The Bloomington Lake Run Club suggested the Novice I or Advanced I plan...I was somewhat following the Novice I plan)

Novice II Marathon Training Plan

Intermediate I Marathon Training Plan

So, I think I am going to try to do the Intermediate I training plan because I like the increased milage during the week as compared to Novice I, plus there is only 1 rest day instead of 2. We'll see how this goes ;).

Today I'm going to go on a 4 mile run, tomorrow I have the 5 mile race, and then Sunday I hope to join up with the Lake Run Club group to do the 9 mile run with the "novice" group.

Happy Fourth of July Eve! ;)

No comments: